Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014

I am so happy to see 2014. 2013 was a rough one and I feel like things can only get better from here. I wanted to update you all on my new diet change for my endo. I have been doing it for 7 days now. It has been really hard...I mean really hard! The hardest part so far is the no dairy and wheat. Gluten free bread has been rough. I am finding more gluten free products that I like though. I also think when eating out can be very difficult since there is usually not much on the menus that I can actually eat. Yesterday we went to a Thunder basketball game and we had some amazing friends invite us in the suite area. It was awesome. Thankfully they had food I could eat....until the dessert. Everyone was eating these yummy and very big desserts. My mouth was watering. I didn't touch any! I was proud of myself. This diet is not a New Year resolution. It is for my fertility. I want my next IVF cycle to work so much that I am willing to about try anything. I can already tell a difference in the way I feel. I am less tired. I will see if I notice changes in cramps/pain while I am on my period soon. I have already lost about 4 lbs. I do want to lose weight so this diet is a win win! For each goal of weight I lose I get something special. I made a list out last week with Chris. I am excited because I am almost to my first 5lb goal! :) 
Please continue to pray for Chris and I. We should be starting meds in Feb. I pray I can stay positive and encouraged during IVF #3. Please 2014 let this be our year!

11 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Stay strong on the diet, I'm rooting for ya :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! You go girl!!! I'm praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on sticking to your gluten free and dairy free diet! I'm interested to see how it goes for you. I was tested for food allergies and don't have a sensitivity to gluten or dairy (supposedly). But I've always wondered if it would help with my endo if I tried to give them up. Good luck in 2014! Hope this next cycle brings your baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessah, yeah, it seems to be helping. Read up on the endo diet..there is a lot of success stories from it.

      Delete
  4. Wanting a baby will drive you to do things you thought impossible! Like no cheese! ;)

    You're doing great! And I've got you and Chris in my thoughts.

    Here's to possibly having another February cycle buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know. It is always good to have a cycle buddy!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, friend. Hoping 2014 brings your take-home baby. Good luck with your dieting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog via Baby Bird. I too just started eating gluten free for my PCOS. I have been muddling through all the crazy ingredients that contain it, but finally feel like I have a better idea. Praying that this helps you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you! It is really helping! I hope you are having success as well!

      Delete