Sunday, June 16, 2013

Another Father's Day..

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33


I read this today and wanted to share. Read if you would like!
http://biblicalcounselingcoalition.org/blogs/2012/02/20/5-things-infertile-couples-want-others-to-know/

I think this relates to what I was saying in a recent blog post. Sometimes
we feel so left out. Today is Father's Day....a day that I know my husband wishes he could be part of. Today we left church and he felt so left out. Listen we love to celebrate our dads and wish everyone a lovely Father's Day, but it doesn't take the pain away from what we are dealing with. For the past two years we have said we will have a baby by next Father's Day or Christmas. Well....now we have stopped doing that. It cause us to hurt too much. As we are moving onto our next cycle we are trying to stay positive, but sometimes that pain of all the disappointment we have had takes a toll. All I want is to be able to give my husband a child. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently it is. It hurts so much when there is nothing wrong with him and it is all me. That just sucks. Being positive through all this makes situations better. We have our bad days and pick up the pieces the next day and move on.

Unless you have or are going through infertility you will never understand the pain we go through month after month. You will never know what it is like to have test after test, surgeries, being poked and prodded like an animal, taking medicine that changes your personality or going through In-vitro Fertilization(IVF). You will never understand why infertile women get upset when they see pregnant women or infants.


I am still waiting for my period. I am one day late. I know I am about to start. I have cramps and headaches. I wish the old hag would just show up  and go away because I want to be able to enjoy vacation without the old hag present. When you don't want her to show up she does and then when you want her to just come already she is late. Of course!!


2 comments:

  1. So true I was talking about that with someone else who is struggling with infertility the pain you go through trying to conceive. We did our best to celebrate Father's Day but with the loss of our baby it was so hard. I can't believe we are back to starting again. I kept thinking it took us over 5 years to get pregnant why did we have to lose our baby. Praying for you that you get pregnant soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Chris had to let another Father's Day pass without a reason to celebrate him. :( Here's to the next round of IVF!!

    ReplyDelete