Saturday, April 14, 2018

Loved baby

I have been reading a devotional called Loved Baby. I wanted to share a part with you. "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth." (1 Peter 2:22)  Jesus never sinned, yet he suffered. We all suffer in this world. Good and bad happens to us all. The bible is clear the loss of our little one is not because of any sin we have conducted, nor would it have been prevented had we been perfect. (Loved Baby devotional-searching Why)

The bible provides us instances after instance of people lamenting their concerns to God. There is none more profound than Jesus hanging on the cross: "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" Which means My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46 (Loved baby devotional-Searching Why)

Jesus felt abandoned and you probably feel abandoned. This reading in the devotional was God saying this is not your fault. Stop blaming yourself. Evil exists in our world. Each one of us go through bad and good. We will all deal with unfair deaths of loved ones, hurt, pain, etc. As much as we want to question God we will never get that answer in this  lifetime on earth. Questioning and asking God doesn't mean you are a bad Christian. It means you are grieving. Take heart and cry out to our God. He is listening and he is covering you with a hug. God wants us to cry out and talk to him. Even when we are angry he is listening. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

I wish I could say that every pain, heartache, anger, jealousy, etc is gone from my heart, but it isn't. I am still working through my grieving process of my daughter Blakely Ranee. I know she is in heaven with Jesus and one day I will see her again. That gives me a peace. God is still helping me as I mourn my daughter. It really doesn't get easier. It gets different. I am forever changed because of Blakely. I was able to carry her and give birth. I met and held my beautiful daughter. I wish things were different, but I am honored to be her momma. She is a gift from God and I will be forever thankful for the time I had with her. I wish she was still growing and that I would bring her home, but I can't. I can't rewind time as much as I want to. I have to hold onto hope and God. I have to lean on God during the most difficult time of my life to get me through this. I couldn't get through this without God by my side. I hope the part of the devotional I shared gives you some peace. Check out the devotional because it really is a great one that I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment