Saturday, February 16, 2013

Things to never say to an infertile friend

Here are my top 6 that I am putting on my list.

1. Don't complain about your pregnancy.

2.Don't gossip about them. The reason why many are reluctant to talk about their journey is because a) they don’t want to hear the above, and b) they’re afraid others will judge them and talk behind their backs. And the same goes for comforting someone with the story of someone else’s fertility woes—having an open discussion is one thing; swapping horror stories is another

3.Just relax

4.There are worse things that could happen.

5. You can always adopt.

6. Don't worry, it will happen.

Credit: http://fitbottomedmamas.com/2012/04/what-not-to-say-to-your-friend-struggling-with-fertility/




2 comments:

  1. Yup don't you just love people's advice..It always comes from people that get pregnant with no thought. I think people don't understand sometimes how hard it is to get pregnant. Like we don't know these things on our own.. Also I hear just stop trying.. Or get a dog.. Ummm I have 5 animals now that doesn't work.. We did try to adopt and it didn't work out.
    I wish people knew deep down how bad it hurts. How hard it is to see a negative pregnancy test.Each month when that happens I fall apart for a few days it's like grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh..I have heard the stop trying one many times. :( Keep your head up girl! :) Haha..seriously I have 2 cats and 1 dog and they aren't helping us either.Hahaha

    ReplyDelete