Monday, November 18, 2013

Brighter days and a brighter future







Hello! I thought I would do a blog update since I haven't updated in awhile. People keep asking me how I am doing. Well, I am doing better with each day that passes. Yes, I am sad. I should be 10 weeks tomorrow and that makes my heart so sad. The one thing I do know is that in the last two and half years I have experienced a lot of pain and loss (month after month of no pregnancy) and failed treatments. So, this miscarriage adds to that loss and sorrow. I just know that I have to pick myself up and continue to push forward...I have no other choice. I am meant to be a mom one way or another. I have also in the last 2 1/2 years opened my mind and heart to more options to becoming a mom. I never thought IVF would be an option, but here we are moving onto IVF #3. At this point in my life I feel like we will adopt one day. Right now I am willing to try IVF two more times...that could change. I am just not sure how much more of this emotional journey I can take. It is draining and frankly I am just plain tired of all the failure. I pray and hope that IVF #3 is successful for us and we have a healthy pregnancy and I have a lot of hope in it. Hopefully we will get pregnant and stay pregnant. Then we can decide if we want an only child, adopt, or try IVF again. I am not sure what we will decide right now. I do know that if we adopt it will not matter what my child looks like and children make my heart happy no matter what they look like.

My prayer request at this time are:
*That God prepares Chris and I emotionally and mentally for IVF #3 (not till 2014)
*That the next IVF is successful and I stay pregnant
*For God to keep moving our hearts towards adoption in the future.
*To continue to give each other strength through this process.









 

8 comments:

  1. I will definitely be lifting up your prayer requests. I love that you gave specifics because it makes it so much easier to pray for someone. Also, while I was reading your blog I was immediatly reminded of this verse...Isaiah 40:29-31 and I wanted to share it with you. It says, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
    Put your hope in the Lord and your strength to continue will be renewed. You will mount up on God's wings and He WILL carry you :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you often, friend. I will most certainly keep you in my prayers. I am amazed by your courage to be able to continue through this journey despite obstacles.

    I haven't mailed your coffee mug yet! But I promise I am doing it tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Your words just brightened my day! Lol..I haven't either. I am sending yours tomorrow too! I'm glad I'm not the only slacker. Haha.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you're still doing well! It really sucks to think about the what-if's and should-have's, but you're one tough cookie, and you'll make it to 2014 kicking and screaming to find the next right step!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for you!!!!!! You seem like you are doing better then I was when I had my loss back in May. It took my hubby 5 1/2 years to get pregnant and are now having our Rainbow. It can happen for you too. Adoption is a beautiful idea. I'm proud you aren't giving up. I'll be praying your next IVF cycle you get your dream to come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, some days are better than others. I need to go read your blog. I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations sweetie!! When's your due date?

    ReplyDelete