Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sometimes your heart just hurts..

I called my acupuncturist to set up my new days and times to start again. I will start acupuncture again this Friday. I will go on Thursday starting next week. This will be good for me in many ways. It will help reduce stress and get my body back in sync. I know a lot of people laugh when I say I believe in acupuncture..I even think Chris isn't a big believer in it, but I do believe in it. I think it helped with my last IVF cycle with my estrogen levels and stress. I also really like my acupuncturist because he is caring and works with what the doctor does. He is also a believer in Christ and that is big in my book. :) I am very excited about starting again..just not paying the fee every week. LOL, but you do what you do for the blessing you are wanting!
Now, for the next part..I wanted to lead in with something more positive so I started with acupuncture. Infertile people will get this next piece and maybe some others will too. I am being honest and sadly I think it is not talked about enough. People don't tell you about how hard infertility is on a marriage! I am blessed with a husband who is by my side and we are on the same page, but we still have our days. Especially with the miscarriage. Men seem to just move on after they are told you are having a miscarriage...while me(the women) are going through all the pain and healing of a miscarriage. Chris and I had a talk on Sunday about how I felt and I am better now. I think I needed him to know how I was feeling and how I felt all alone in this process. Chris mentioned this to a close female friend he works with. She has had a miscarriage before as well. She said that men deal with these differently then men. After all that we are doing much better. Talking is the key to everything and I am so glad he talked to another woman so he knew I wasn't crazy. ;) 
5 more weeks till our doctor appointment! I am anxious to hear what our doctor has to say about this past cycle. I am also glad our doctor makes us wait/encourages us to wait before moving on. I think it is best for my body and give Chris and I a chance to clear our minds and heal. 
I am doing much better this week. I stopped bleeding and my numbers fully dropped. I am feeling so much better than I did in the past two weeks. It is a slow process, but I will get there. 

7 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about infertility and marriage. I kept thinking Daniel was 'sleeping' throughout the entire ordeal...

    http://waitingforbabybird.com/2013/10/01/is-infertility-eating-away-at-your-marriage/

    Here is the link to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Sleeping is a great word for it. Haha! I'm going to read your post.

      Delete
  2. Hey Lisa, I definitely feel you on the stress infertility places on a marriage. Jesse and I have even sought therapy briefly. We have vastly different ways of coping with all this. It's tough. I am sorry you've experienced a miscarriage, in addition to the infertility. Glad we got paired up as mug buddies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I got your comment..I have to approve them before they are published. I am so glad you all understand..not glad that we have to go through this crap though. I am so glad we are mug buddies too! I need to start shopping for you! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh boo. Not sure if my first comment went through. I hate when this happens. i wrote a lot more with my last comment, but I guess I will just say.... I am glad we are mug buddies, and can now follow along on each other's journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband explains experiencing miscarriages like watching a tv show, he's invested but doesn't truly understand or know how to help.

    So glad to hear you're in a happier place, Lisa! And, I too love acupuncture and my dr!! I see her tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..so true Jessica. Thank you. Yay! I am so glad you are moving on with treatments too!

      Delete