Saturday, April 19, 2014

IVF cycle number 3= BFN

First, I apologize for not updating sooner. I didn't have the right words and was an emotional mess to post. Our third cycle failed. We found out Thursday. The call from the nurse was like a kick in the stomach! I sat there and cried, yelled, and questioned God. I felt forgotten from my God... but then I was reminded "For the sake of his great name the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you his own." 1 Samuel 12:22
My heart was breaking and it felt like my heart was shattered in a million pieces laying on the floor in my living room. I sat there thinking I am only 27...only 27. What in the world? How can this be happening? Is this a dream? You mean to tell me I may never experience pregnancy, the birth process, breast feeding? I will never get to look at my baby and see my nose, mouth, eyes, etc? Why? Is it ok for me to feel sad and angry? "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18  
Sometimes we get to a point where infertility treatments become too much and too painful for us to continue. We all have a point we have to stop...it is not giving up. It is a point where you know that the bigger picture is to be happy and get back to your happy self. The past few years and especially the past year has been filled with sadness and frankly little hope. I am tired of feeling this way and I am tired of not being happy. Chris and I deserve to be happy. I have had 2 surgeries and 3 IVF cycles in the past year. 2 failed cycles and 1 ended in an early miscarriage. If that does not show you the ups and downs we have experienced in the past year then I don't know what will. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight. Proverbs 3: 5-6  We have decided that for now it is time to stop fertility treatments and stop actively trying to conceive. We are not saying that we will never do treatments again because we may. We meet with our doctor May 6 so we will hopefully have some new answers and I can assure you he will have a new plan because something is not right! But, for now we are not finding happiness with this journey and it is time for something new in our lives. We are going to start the adoption process. We meet with an agency next week. "God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:6 Sometimes you get to a point in life and what is most important to you! Chris and I have decided that we have a strong desire for children no matter what. It is more important then experiencing pregnancy. At the end of  the day we BOTH deserve to be happy and content and this adoption is what is moving in our hearts. We believe God has a great plan for us..we are not saying we will never conceive on your own or through a future treatment..but what we do know is that adoption is a miracle all in its own. We are excited for this new journey and really hope we continue to have the support of our family, friends, and blogger friends. We need your prayers, love, and support through this new journey. It will be hard. We know this is the best for us and that is all that matters. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 
We will continue to blog about our journey and share our experiences.  We just need a break from treatments for a while and find some happiness! 

20 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Lisa. Nothing about infertility is fair. I hope you find the peace, happiness and joy that you need to move forward. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am praying for your cycle! :)

      Delete
  2. Any child will be blessed to have you both as parents!!! You will be the light of their world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any child will be blessed to have you both as parents!!! You will be the light of their world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie! I have thought about you LOTS over the last couple of days and I have been praying for you :/

    "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

    God is faithful to fulfill your desire to be parents! Hugs and lots of support from waitingforbabybird.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisha, Thank you. We appreciate your prayers. Thank you for your love and support.

      Delete
  5. So sorry. You are walking a very brave road and you will find your miracle on one of these paths. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I'm sorry this has been such a difficult journey for you and Chris. I'll be praying for both of you as you begin pursuing adoption. Any child will be blessed to have you for parents, regardless of whether they come to you naturally or through adoption :) I'm excited you are taking this new step of faith, adoption is such an amazing gift! Please keep us posted on your new journey! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I'm sorry this has been such a difficult journey for you and Chris. I'll be praying for both of you as you begin the process of adoption. Any child will be blessed to have you guys for parents, whether they come to you naturally or through the miracle of adoption. I'm excited you are taking this new step of faith, adoption is such an amazing gift! Please keep us posted on your new journey! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your kind words mean so much to Chris and I.

      Delete
  8. Oh Lisa. I have no words. My heart broke for you as I read this post. I am so sorry you have been through so much. Infertility is SO SO unfair! I do feel you have a strong attitude considering the events that have unfolded in your life this week. I pray you will one day experience the joys and miracles of parenthood with your husband. You are such a strong, brave woman. I hope you are able to find joy in spending some stress-free time with your husband as your wait for your next steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari, Thank you. Yes, infertility is so so unfair. It is crazy what it does to our lives and how it can change the way we think and the way we build our families.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry you experienced another BFN. It's just not fair. Infertility is so cruel. You seem to have such a positive attitude and that positive attitude will be perfect for adoption. If you have any questions about adoption, feel free to ask me...I'm an open book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Kelsey, I was reading your blog. You adopted your son? Congrats on your pregnancy by the way!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! We did adopt our son :) And he's my entire world!! He was placed with us when he was fresh out of the hospital after he was born. If you do go ahead with adoption, once you are approved, the two week wait for IVF is going to feel like nothing! You'll jump every time your phone rings wondering if it's the agency calling about a match. Adoption is such a beautiful thing! I'm not saying it's easy, but it is 110% worth it.

      Delete
    3. Aww Awesome! Did you all do IVF again then? I would like to connect with you if that ok? My email is lisa.r.mace@hotmail.com

      Delete
  10. I am so sorry for your results. You have been through so very much. You are for sure in my prayers on your new journey. God's plans are based on everything he sees in our future, things we can not see or even imagine :) Romans 8:28 is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete