Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blessed

Today I had acupuncture..I even have a small bruise on my hand.  Now I have 5 bruises. Today while laying there relaxing/trying to fall asleep I was thinking. I was thinking about a conversation I had with a dear friend yesterday. We talked about how if I get pregnant I will still worry about my pregnancy until the day I hold my precious blessing. I guess with what I have gone through I will worry more than I would have if it wasn't this hard to get pregnant. I have learned so much during my struggle..I know what not to say to someone who is struggling or does not have children. I know that sometimes a hug is better than anything I can say. I know to listen to someone who is going through a hard time instead of saying it will be ok or you will be alright. I have experienced so much pain that I now understand that you have to walk in that person's shoes before you will ever understand what they are going through. I have more love to give then I ever had before! God has strengthened me and given me so much understanding because of Chris and I's journey. I have met some amazing women who are going through similar struggles and I realize not everyone will be able to ever carry their own children. I have hurt in my heart from my pain, but also watching other women with their struggles. I have made friendships with women who know exactly how I feel and are always here for me! 
I have so much to be thankful for and I am so blessed by my God. I have a husband who treats me better than I could ever had imagined. He works so hard for us and I am able to work part time as a nanny. I am thankful I am able to focus on our IVF cycle and not stress about work. I am so blessed. We have a beautiful home, 2 fat black cats, and 1 ornery boxer/German Shepherd mix. We have some amazing friends and family. We have a wonderful church and church family. We have an amazing small group through our church that never lets us fall and if we do they are right there picking us up! 
So, yes, infertility sucks in a bad way! It is a living hell, but God sure has blessed us in many other ways and we have great relationships through this bump in the road. 
Going through IVF is emotional...and I am going through it for the second time. I have had multiple injections, every other day blood work and ultra sound, and I go to acupuncture. I have had my fair share of needles..trust me! I hope one day I can look back on this journey and say I would do it all over again. I pray we get our little miracle this round. Without God in our life Chris and I couldn't make it through this. God is good! All the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment